Verint Advances Security and Investigation Solutions for Retail Banks and Financial Institutions
Latest Version of Nextiva EdgeVR Features Advanced Surveillance Analytics, a New Mobile Application and Specialized IP Camera Integrations
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 12, 2013 — Verint® Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: VRNT) today announced enhancements to its Nextiva® EdgeVR® solution, which features scalable, enterprise-class video monitoring, recording and analytics capabilities. Specifically designed for banks and financial institutions, the advanced network video recording platform helps enhance security and streamline investigations in a variety of financial and retail bank environments.
Financial institutions across the globe face ongoing challenges with increasing criminal and fraud activity, and evolving customer behavior and expectations. As a result, they increasingly rely on video surveillance systems to help reduce the costly effects of fraud and optimize safety. As a leading global provider of video and situation intelligence solutions, Verint is committed to providing a comprehensive portfolio to help today’s financial institutions identify and proactively address vulnerabilities and security threats, while providing tools to help improve investigations.
The latest version of Nextiva EdgeVR, which is expected to be available this month, delivers all the benefits of an embedded NVR, including bandwidth optimization, remote access and robust surveillance analytics. Its video surveillance functionality can easily scale to support up to 64 IP and analog cameras. Consistent with the EdgeVR open platform design, the solution integrates with various edge devices and systems to deliver flexibility to customers in the financial market.
Among the enhancements to the Nextiva EdgeVR platform are advanced investigation tools, such as face detection, license plate recognition and a variety of surveillance analytics. Specifically designed to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of security operations in corporate command, control and communications environments, it offers video wall support and a mobile application to provide advanced video viewing that helps create new levels of situation awareness.
Additional enhancements include:
- Surveillance Analytics offers loitering detection and analysis of aspects such as directional movement, line crossing, objects left behind and missing item scenarios. Once a predefined movement is identified by the system, it can be directed to send emails or SMS alerts to appropriate personnel, or relay messages to associated systems.
- Face Detection enables users to crop faces appearing within a camera’s field of view and make them available for investigation purposes. This feature is designed to help security personnel identify perpetrators across multiple transactions.
- License Plate Recognition enables the extraction of license plate numbers appearing within a camera’s field of view to be checked against state or federal watch lists or known offender lists.
- Guard Center Video Wall Support provides support for multiple monitors on a video wall without the need for additional software. Designed for monitoring corporate facilities, it includes options for user-defined layouts and guard tours, as well as the ability to view alerts and live video together.
- Mobile Client allows security operators to remotely access video, and view live and recorded video from multiple cameras simultaneously. Accessible from Apple iOS devices, the application delivers 10 pre-defined screen layout options, zoom capabilities and the ability to access recent camera views.
- IP Camera Integrations include support for the new line of Verint V3300 IP cameras, as well as third-party cameras to better address specific bank requirements, such as larger fields of view and enhanced monitoring at bank branch entrances and exits.
“The security and safety risks that banks face have never been more prevalent, and fraud of every kind continues to grow,” says Steve Weller, senior vice president and general manager, Verint Video and Situation Intelligence Solutions™. “The recent enhancements to our Nextiva EdgeVR solution are designed to make video data immediately digestible. It’s this approach that helps ensure a high level of safety and security, while improving customer service and advancing loss prevention at financial institutions across the globe.”
Join Verint at booth #255 during the upcoming ASIS International Annual Seminar & Exhibits at McCormick Place in Chicago, September 24-27, and discover how the company’s scalable, open and IT-friendly portfolio of IP video solutions helps banks mine and manage data, heighten safety and improve business efficiency.
About Verint Video and Situation Intelligence Solutions
Verint® Video and Situation Intelligence Solutions™ help protect people, property and assets, and enhance operational efficiency. The award-winning Nextiva® portfolio delivers a sophisticated framework for capturing enterprise-wide IP video and other security and operational information, and provides users with integrated analytics, situation management and operational management capabilities. Designed for use across the enterprise, finance, retail and critical infrastructure markets, Verint solutions help address the top security and operations challenges facing today’s organizations through advanced security and business intelligence, vertical solutions and subject matter expertise.
About Verint Systems
Verint® (NASDAQ: VRNT) is a global leader in Actionable Intelligence® solutions. Its portfolio of Enterprise Intelligence Solutions™ and Security Intelligence Solutions™ helps organizations Make Big Data Actionable™ through the ability to capture, analyze and act on large volumes of rich, complex and often underused information sources—such as voice, video and unstructured text. With Verint solutions and value-added services, organizations of all sizes can make more timely and effective decisions. Today, more than 10,000 organizations in over 150 countries, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100, count on Verint solutions to improve enterprise performance and make the world a safer place. Headquartered in NY, Verint has offices worldwide and an extensive global partner network. Learn more at www.verint.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding expectations, predictions, views, opportunities, plans, strategies, beliefs, and statements of similar effect relating to Verint Systems Inc. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and they are based on management's expectations that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, any of which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the forward-looking statements. For a detailed discussion of these risk factors, see our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2013 and our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2013 and other filings we make with the SEC. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date of this press release and, except as required by law, the Company assumes no obligation to update or revise them or to provide reasons why actual results may differ.
VERINT, ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE, MAKE BIG DATA ACTIONABLE, CUSTOMER-INSPIRED EXCELLENCE, INTELLIGENCE IN ACTION, IMPACT 360, WITNESS, VERINT VERIFIED, VOVICI, GMT, AUDIOLOG, ENTERPRISE INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS, SECURITY INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS, VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER ANALYTICS, NEXTIVA, EDGEVR, RELIANT, VANTAGE, STAR-GATE, ENGAGE, CYBERVISION, FOCALINFO, SUNTECH, and VIGIA are trademarks or registered trademarks of Verint Systems Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.